Long run and coconut water

I'm glad you're diggin' the new blog layout and feel. I'm super happy with it! OK let's get right down to it shall we?

Reviews

O.N.E coconut water

The Stats:
  • Calories - 60
  • Fat - 0 g
  • Sugars - 14 g
  • Protein - 1 g
I was so excited when I saw this product in the store the other day. I've been seeing Miss Gina the Fitnessista drinking it and really wanted to try it. O.N.E. is an awesome, good for the earth company as well. It's 100% natural coconut water from young green coconuts. It has 5 electrolytes, more potassium than banana, no fat, no added sugar (natural sugars are kind high though), and NO preservatives. The best part about this product is that O.N.E. contribute a percentage of their sales to support projects like BrazilFoundation's "Solutions for life in Semi-Arid Lands" helping children access clean drinking water.

Health factor - 8/10
This product is not only good for you but good for the earth and developing countries. The only points I took off heath wise were for the mount of sugar that is in this little tetra pack. The good thing is, it's all natural and has electrolytes which makes it great to drink after a workout.

Yum factor - 5/10
I think that I'm just not used to drink things other than water after working out so this seemed quite thick and hard to get down after my run. I'm not a big tea/juice person so this product really didn't appeal to my taste buds as much as I would have hoped. I was only able to get down about half of the juice box before I needed to switch to water.
Maybe it's an acquired taste?

Overall - 13/20
I really, really wanted to like this product. It is so much healthier than those neon coloured, chemical laden, electrolyte enhanced sports drinks and O.N.E. is an amazing company dedicated to not only healthy living at home but for those less fortunate than us. IF you have tried coconut water before that you may really like this.
Me? I'm still trying to decide if I want to acquire this.....odd taste.
For now, I'll stick with water and a banana for my post workout replenishment :)

Running

I am SO proud of myself! Today I ran longer than I ever have before! It may not seem like very long to some of you experienced ultra fit runners but today I ran 9 km(about 5.6 miles) in under an hour (58 min). I wasn't going to go as far as I did today but my body was feeling strong and I just kept running! I feel so much more confident now and am getting super excited for my first 10K race in June. It's still quite a way's away so I'm excited to see how much my time can improve in a little under 3 months!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's all for now folks! Thanks again for all the sweet comments. As I said before the direction of my blog seems to be going in a more organized fashion, which my type-A, perfectionist personality really likes! I did one more layout change just so my header could be centered! Hey, I worked hard on that thing, it had better be centered!

Cheers,
Sarah