Roasted Veggies!

Hey all!

Happy Hump Day!

Here is a dinner idea which my family uses a lot. Take all your favourite vegetables, put them on a tray, and ROAST EM'!

Haha it takes a little more work than that. Here is what I usually use/do:

The VEGGIES:
  • Baby brussel sprouts
  • Button mushrooms
  • Broccoli
  • Cauliflower
  • Red potatoes
  • Yams/sweet potatoes
  • Asparagus
  • Onion
The TOPPINGS:
  • Extra Virgin Olive oil
  • Cracked black pepper
  • Occasionally I use balsamic vinegar but not last night
What to do:

Step 1: Cover a few cookie sheets with tin foil and spray the foil with PAM

Step 2: Wash up and cut your favourite veggie (mine are listed above) in to bite size pieces

Step 3: Spritz your veggies with a little olive oil. I use an olive oil "misto". It's a device that you add olive oil in to he base and it comes out as a mist as to not go over board on the fat. It's an awesome little appliance which you can find it here.

Step 4: Crack as much or as little black pepper as you like on the veggies. You can also douse the veggies in balsamic vinegar now or marinate the veggies before hand in the vinegar. Either tastes great.



Step 5: Roast the veggies at about 400* in your oven for about 40 min (or until the potatoes are soft enough for your liking)

Step 6: Fill you plate like I did!



My favs are the yams and the baby brussel sprouts. I felt SOOOOOO full after this meal but it was too good to stop eating it! Haha.

I'm thinking about including a little Food/Nutrition tip with my posts. Right now I'll be just writing from what I have learned myself but once I start college I'll be able to use information I learn from my Dietetics classes!

Nutrition Tip:
Don't underestimate your veggies. Let them have a the starring role in your dinner once in a while. They are chock full of vitamins and fiber to keep you healthy and feeling full on fewer calories!