My first time....


...AT HAVING A GREEN MONSTER!

Get your minds out of the gutter!

So I've been seeing Leah and Angela have these oddly neon green smoothies for quite some time now and my curiosity got the best of me yesterday. I was so worried it would taste like spinach, or grass, or the green slime they used to pour on kid's on the show Uh-Oh! but I was pleasantly surprised! It was SO GOOD! Here is what I put in it:

  • 1 c. raw spinach
  • 1/2 banana
  • 1/2 c. unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1/4 c. aloe vera juice
  • 3/4 c. water
It was surprisingly sweet and I couldn't taste the spinach AT ALL! If you have been fearful about trying this green drink, don't be! Just try it, I'm sure you'll like it!


So I'm off to Edmonton for the audition tomorrow! I'm super nervous but excited. I've been ironing my outfit, preparing my resume, filling out forms, downloading music, attempting to calm myself down and cooking up a storm so I'll have nourishment over the next few days. Here is some of what I'm bringing with me:


A beautiful fruit salad made with pineapple, grapes, kiwi, raspberries and black berries.

Pasta salad made with whole wheat noodles, green beans, broccoli, red and orange peppers, grape tomatoes, dried cranberries, avocado and carrots. It's in an olive oil and balsamic dressing.

*Pasta salad tip: Put the olive oil, chopped garlic and onions in the bottom of a bowl. Once the pasta is cooked, pour the hot (strained) pasta over the garlic and oil and it cooks the garlic! It smells like heaven. I wish they would invent a room deodorizer with this scent. Call it..... "mama's Kitchen". I would but it.... for serious....I would!


Pumpkin bread (recipe from the Joy of Vegan Baking) but I added THIS BABY:

Newman's Own 70% Dark Chocolate. Mmmm.....

And other various snacks for the drive. Newman's Pretzels, Cinnamon sugar soy crisps, bars, roasted almonds and tamari roasted almonds. When I'm dancing I don't like to have big meals so on Tuesday I'll probably just snack on some pretzels, apples, and maybe a bar.

While I was at Starbucks I saw the cutest thermos I have ever seen so, obviously I bought it!

The inside it like an old Chinese clay tea pot. It keeps things very warm and is just so darn pretty! I really like that they give you 10 cents off your drinks when you use a reusable thermos. I mean 10 cents off a 9$ coffee isn't much but every little bit helps right?

So if nothing else, I will be well nourished for this audition! Haha!





So I need some help. I am a certified Splenda whore. I really want to stop using it because I think it may be causing some of the stomach and skin problems I've been having. My question to you guys is...

What do you use instead of artificial sweeteners?

Did you gain weight after you stopped using Splenda?

Do you feel giving up the artificial sweeteners helped in your body feeling better?


Cheers,
Sarah