Day 2: Interested or Committed?

Who knew there could be such a difference between being interested in doing something and being committed?

To me, being interested in living a healthy life style is like standing on the sideline while you watch all your friends playing in the game. You're cheering them on, but all you really want to do is join in. Being committed is putting your goals and dreams in the forefront and doing whatever it takes to get there. It's getting out there are scoring the game winning goal! I don't want to stand on the sideline any longer. I want to live a life full of love, happiness and excitement where food is not on my mind 24/7. I want to join in the game and have a blast!

in⋅ter⋅est⋅ed

1. having an interest in something; concerned: Interested members will meet at noon.
2. having the attention or curiosity engaged: an interested spectator.
3. characterized by a feeling of interest.

com⋅mit

1. to give in trust or charge; consign.
2. to consign for preservation: to commit ideas to writing; to commit a poem to memory.
3. to pledge (oneself) to a position on an issue or question; express (one's intention, feeling, etc.): Asked if he was a candidate, he refused to commit himself.
4. to bind or obligate, as by pledge or assurance; pledge: to commit oneself to a promise; to be committed to a course of action.

I really like to think of the new life style I'm trying to create as a pledge. A commitment to myself that I will live a life with out restriction, binging, obsessive thought about food so that I can focus on the more important things. I don't want to be just interested in getting better, I want to be COMMITTED no matter what! Of course some days are going to be harder than others but if I am truly committed I won't let a small slip up get in my way. I'll keep going because I am truly committed to my goals of living a happier and healthier life.

Today, take a good look at your efforts in overcoming the challenges in your life. Are you simply interested in changing your ways or are you committed?

Today I'm going to make some small changes that will demonstrate I'm truly committed! It can be as easy as eating a salad with your lunch or taking a nice walk out doors.

“I believe life is constantly testing us for our level of commitment, and life's greatest rewards are reserved for those who demonstrate a never-ending commitment to act until they achieve. This level of resolve can move mountains, but it must be constant and consistent. As simplistic as this may sound, it is still the common denominator separating those who live their dreams from those who live in regret.”

-Anthony Robbins