Whether it be the challenge of not binging for 100 days or the challenge of losing 100 pounds I think it's important to celebrate small accomplishments. Celebrating small accomplishments keeps your motivation and spirits high and leads you to stay on the right path. Mini accomplishments such as eating more fruits and vegetables, putting less sugar in your coffee, losing a few pounds, having a more positive out look are all steps you are taking to accomplish your main goal. Don't think "Oh it's only 5 pound, I have 95 more to go." , instead, be proud of those 5 pounds lost because it is amazing. Imagine where you'd be if you had not begun your journey to a healthier life style.
Achievements I am pround of this week:
- I have not binged in 7 days
- I have been smiling more
- My stomach and digestive track are feeling better
- I've started blogging again and love it!
- I've lost a pound!
- I look forward to my runs (most of the time)
- I've begun to practice yoga more times a week
- I've been practicing intuitive eating and trying hard to decipher what I want to eat, not what "Dieting Sarah" thinks I should eat
“When you do nothing, you feel overwhelmed and powerless. But when you get involved, you feel the sense of hope and accomplishment that comes from knowing you are working to make things better.”