Day 8: In need of a change

So I've been contemplating this for a while but I feel like I with all the changes that have been going on with my career, going back to school, my eating habits etc I really want to do something exciting and for myself. I'm thinking about ... dun...dun...dun....

Cutting my hair!

I'm one of those people who grows their hair out for a bout 3 years (right now it's half way down my back) and then chops it off. I don't know why I do this, I guess I just get tired of the same thing and need some variety! This time I want to cut my hair to Locks of Love. I have about 12 inches I want to cut off so it is enough to donate. I'm so excited about it, especially since it will be going to such a great cause.

Here is what it looks like now:

Sorry it's so dark and I have a dorky smile on my face! Those are crackers lined up on my pant leg, no some strange new style.

And here is the cut I want to get:



I hope I can be one of those people who are like "Oh, it's just hair, it will grow back!". I LOVE Christina Applegate's hair so hopefully I can work it as well as she does!

What do you think?

It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.

-Alan Cohen